Thanks to a generous donation from the late Professor Maurice Beresford, we can offer three Beresford MA scholarships this year (offered for the last year in 2011/12):
The Beresford MA Scholarships are for full fees at the UK/EU rate plus a partial maintenance grant (pro rata over 2 years for part time students). International scholarship holders may opt to amalgamate the scholarship into one payment as a substantial contribution towards International fees or may choose to receive the UK/EU arrangement which would cover £4,200 of your fees and provide you with an additional funding as a maintenance contribution.
In order to be eligible to be considered for these scholarships, you must:
- have applied, and received an offer, for a place in the School of History or the Institute for Medieval Studies
- have supplied us with copies of transcripts from previous degrees and one academic reference by the deadline in late June 2011
- have fulfilled our entry requirements before official acceptance of any scholarship
- be starting your course in the next academic year (2011/12)
- not already have an MA in History
We aim to process your application for a place on a course as soon as possible which is usually within 2-4 weeks of receipt. However, during our busiest times (April-June), this process can take up to 6 weeks. Please bear these timescales in mind when seeking scholarships because you need to have received your offer of a place on a course before scholarship panels meet. Ensuring you provide all relevant documents will help us process your application according to these timescales.
How to apply for our scholarships
You are automatically considered for the above school scholarships when you apply to study here – there is no separate application process, however please note the eligibility requirements above.
If you have any enquires please contact Postgraduate Enquiries or telephone 0113 34 33610.
How we award the scholarships
All the scholarships offered within the School will be allocated by our Scholarships Panel according to the following academic criteria:
- Overall degree average (both at undergraduate and masters level for PhD applicants)
- ‘Exit velocity’ on previous degree courses (how you improved from year to year)
- Performance in research-based pieces of coursework (e.g. dissertations) and/or research methodology courses
- Evidence of strong project management skills and an aptitude for time management on independent research projects
- Academic references
Scholarship winners and reserve candidates will be contacted in July 2011. Visit Official Website.
69 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini